Wednesday, April 22, 2015

22 Day Break

by Stephanie Beck


You know what's nearly impossible to pull off? Take 22 days off of work. I know what you might be thinking--22 days off as a writer? So...you didn't write for 22 days? But really, that's not the case. We undertook the task of remodeling our kitchen--such a mess. I thought we'd be fine and work relatively well around it, but our whole schedule and routine was blasted out of the water in deference to the kitchen. What. A. Mess.


Last night we returned the appliances to their places and all I can see is the project after project that came up since doing the kitchen. Every room touching the kitchen now needs paint, there's dust every where, and my shiny new kitchen needs the rest of the kitchen paraphernalia put in place. Ahhh. Projects.


And to top it all off, I have been writing. I have! I'm almost done with a novel I've been working on since November. What I haven't done is any sort of promotion or friend perking or visiting with readers. Bad Steph. I almost forgot to blog here. Why? Because I was able to put cookies in my oven.


I know. I'll move my computer to the kitchen. It is my happy place at the moment.


Happy Wednesday, all!! I hope you can take a break from real life, but yours involves more reading and less dust!


All the best,
Stephanie Beck
www.stephaniebeck.net
www.facebook.com/StephanieBeckAuthor
www.twitter.com/StephBeck123

No comments: