Friday, March 28, 2014

Guest Author Angela Campbell Talks Psychic Cats ON THE SCENT

VS sez: Lovely to have you with us today and take it away!!!

Angela:
First of all, thank you Paranormal Romantics for hosting me today! I’m familiar with quite a few of the authors in this group, and I’m honored to be here because they’re all fabulous and an incredibly talented bunch.

I asked Veronica Scott if I could stop by to talk about my upcoming release, but as things tend to happen, I don’t yet have a release date, or cover, or any news at all yet to share about it, so I’ll use the opportunity to backtrack and talk about another topic near and dear to my heart.

Cats.

As I type this, in fact, my favorite cat on the planet is lying near my feet at the end of the bed staring fixated on something up on the wall. Something I cannot see. Something I suspect could be either a bug or a ghost. Personally, I hope it’s a ghost. I HATE bugs. I can handle ghosts. Er, I think.

Actually, I like ghost stories, too, which is probably why I combined cats and ghosts for my Psychic Detectives series from Harper Impulse. I even got a little crazy with it and wrote a cat who can talk — okay, not really, but the hero of  ON THE SCENT, the first book in the series, is psychic and can hear the heroine’s cat thinking, and boy, is that feline snarky. I like to think my own cat is snarky, simply because it’s amusing to imagine what some of her looks mean.  For example, she’s now looking at me right with one side of her lip curled up. She’s probably thinking, “Oh. My. Gosh. You’re not writing about me again, are you? Weirdo.”

What about you? Do you ever wonder what your pets are thinking and make up their mental dialogue? Please say yes, because the alternative probably means I’m crazy. And let me know what you think your pet thinks of you in the comments below!

The story:
Hannah Dawson has a big problem: she’s just become the unexpected owner of a snarky cat, a loveable but not-so-bright dog… and their $10 million fortune!

Which would be awesome if it hadn’t made her the target of every wacko in the metro Atlanta area. Now Hannah and her famous pets need protecting and there’s only one man who can help them…

Enter Zachary Collins: ex-TV star of ‘The Psychic Detective’ and street-wise private investigator – all 6 foot blue-eyed gorgeousness!

Only Zach’s got secrets of his own – not least that he finds his new client irresistibly hot. The more time he spends keeping Hannah out of harm’s way, the more he’s tempted to give in to the attraction… even if it means breaking all his own rules.

Buy Link for this Best Selling Book:  Amazon

***

Angela Campbell is an overachiever with a soft spot for men who dress funny. Superman, Charlie Chaplin, Dracula, Doctor Who, Elvis—those are her kind of heroes. Her new paranormal-romantic suspense series recently topped Kindle best-seller lists. Learn more about her books at www.angelacampbellonline.com
Dusti

No comments: