Monday, March 5, 2012

Lori Toland



Blurb:
Ashlee Bennett has her priorities straight. Fighting demons is at the top of the list until she meets her sexy neighbor, Luke Byrne. Even though he is human, she can't stop dreaming about his buff body and sexy grin, until her dreams turn to nightmares.

Her world is turned upside down when Luke follows her one night but instead of being afraid, he is only more determined to stand beside her and fight. Ashlee knows she needs to keep her distance from Luke, not just to protect her virginity but her heart as well. But Luke may be the only one who can save her from the night, and her dreams.


Excerpt:
He looked as good as he did every time I saw him, except now he wore a green polo shirt. His grin held little apology as he said, “Sorry.”

He wasn’t being insincere, just mischievous. It reminded me of grade school when Bobby used to pull my hair and then apologize when I cried. “It’s all right,” I said, spying what was inside his bag. “Went grocery shopping?”

“I picked up a few things,” he said amicably, but then a silence stretched out between us. I got my key out, wanting to say so much more but not knowing where to start. “I see you did too.”

Oh my God. I covered up the side of my bag, even though I knew he’d already seen the big yellow rooster with Cocks-A-Lot emblazoned on the side. I really had to have a word with Terry about his packaging. “Uh, yeah.” Way to go. You’re really wowing him with the witty commentary.

He shifted his bag to dig for his house key. “So what’s in the bag?”

“I don’t really know,” I said slowly as my cheeks heated. Luke raised his eyebrow. “My friend owns the shop, and he was just getting rid of some stuff.”

“That’s great,” he said. “Would you like to try those out with me?”
“I can’t just leave,” I protested as the cool evening air hit me. “I came with a friend.”
He rounded on me, and I nearly ran into him. “You mean your boyfriend? Do you want to stay with him? Just say the word, Ash.”

The possessive tone in his voice ticked me off. “What the hell, Luke? I don’t even know you, and you’re acting like you fucking own me.” But even as I said the words, I wanted him to grab me, hold me, and take me however he wanted. My lust for him clouded my ability to say no.


“Ash,” he said gruffly, “all I think about is having you.” He moved forward as he spoke, and I stepped backward, keeping my distance until my back met a wall. I knew my control around him was shot to hell, and I couldn’t trust myself. He snaked his hand into my hair and roughly grabbed the strands. He angled my head so I couldn’t look away. If I were able to breathe, I would have hyperventilated.


“Don’t.” My plea sounded weak, and I doubted he even heard me.


“I can’t help myself,” he said and kissed me gently. It was the lightest of pressure on my lips, until he coaxed them apart. When my tongue met his, I was tentative at first, but Luke took charge and claimed my mouth.


I was strong enough to pull away, to tell him no and kick him in the nuts if he didn’t stop. But I didn’t want to. I let myself drown in his kisses. I was so wrapped up in what he was doing to me with his mouth, I barely noticed he had lifted me up and held me against the concrete wall.


He settled his hips between my legs and rocked them, pressing his cock against my clit. The only thing keeping him from fucking me was the thin barrier of our jeans. I spiraled higher, and my pussy clenched, desperate to have him inside me.


He pulled his lips away from mine, and my vision whited out. My clit pulsed faster and faster, and I accidentally banged the back of my head against the hard concrete wall as every muscle in my body tensed.


I shook from the intensity of my climax, my teeth grinding together. He leaned in and kissed me, claiming my mouth with his tongue again. Then he broke our kiss and whispered, “You are mine, Ash. Don’t doubt for a second that I will own you. All of you.”


I quivered, my lips parting, ready for more. I felt like we were frozen in time, and I would have spent forever there, memorizing his face.


 



Author Bio:
 
CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland lives in Orlando where the summers are hot but the romance between her characters is even hotter. Writing since the tender age of 13, Lori somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her beloved cats and a husband who will forever be her hero.




7 comments:

Mary Preston said...

SOUL SEDUCTION does look amazing. I have added it to my wish list already.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you so much for hosting Lori today.

Karen H said...

Really hot excerpt today.

What characters are the hardest/easiest for you to write: The alpha hero, the alpha heroine, the villain (or villainess), the secondary male & female characters? What are the most fun to write?

Catherine Lee said...

That's such a sexy excerpt for Soul Seduction. Wow! Thanks for sharing.

catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Lori Toland said...

Hi. I'm so sorry I was late. I've been running a fever all week. I've also been writing but it's probably crazed fever writing I'll probably throw away! :P

Thank you Paranormal Romantics, for having me by!

Tina B said...

Hope you are feeling better, Lori. This excerpt definitely has me ready to read some more. The book sounds amazing!

Lyra L7 said...

And she is still a virgin after a scene like that? It doesn't sound like she will stay that for a long period of time. Good excerpt though!

lyra(dot)lucky7ATgmailDOTcom