Friday, July 1, 2011

Quench that Thirst!

THIRSTY
Published By: Razor's Edge Press
ISBN # 9781605219081 (Also available at All Romance Ebooks)

To quench her thirst, she'll have to dance with the devil!

Monique has finally found a place where she can live out her fantasies. Little does she know the den of iniquity she's walked into is inhabited by every monster in the world. Nolan, a vampire who works as a Slayer, wants to give the human woman her every wish. But first, Satan's son has to be reckoned with.

The one thing both agreed on is that Moni should have what she wants -- enough sex to quench her thirst.


Excerpt:
     Nolan’s voice sounded a long way off. “Monique, you’ve entered the true den of iniquity. We’re all unearthly, otherworldly -- whatever else humans call us monsters nowadays.” His eyes turned various shades of blazing red while he spoke.
     The stories were true. “Umm… I should go.” Would he, would they, let her?
     “Every eye trained on you will protect you now until the day you die.”
     Her body trembled. “Why?”
     “Because I said so.”
     Lord, help me.
     An overwhelming feeling of safety washed through her mind, cleansing the fear that had threatened to blossom out of control. Two pointed teeth gleamed in a quizzical smile. “I won’t deny he exists, but it’s me, a vampire, who will take care of you here.” He tilted his head toward the room. “As will those loyal to me.”
     The bartender picked that moment to arrive at the table with two beers.
     Taking a deep breath, she asked Nolan, “Did you read in my mind that I drink beer?”
     Both men laughed heartily. The answer came from the bartender. “It’s a game we play. I’m Peris, and I own the club.”
     “Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you.” Her mouth formed an O. “Shit, you can read my mind too?”
     “Babe, we all knew what you wanted, and any one of us would have gladly given it to you the way you played that beer bottle with your tongue.”
     It dawned on her what the game was. “You wanted to watch what I’d do with the bottle in my mouth.”
     “Hell, yeah! Definitely gave me ideas of other things that bottle, and that tongue, could be used for.”
     Not quite as tall, but more muscular than Nolan, the younger man’s eyes were whiskey brown with a hint of fire dancing in their depths. Dark, dark hair laced with a reddish hue curled at his neck. A bright, sexy, and genuine smile showed even white teeth. It was the devilish twinkle in his eyes that sucked her right in. Continuing to laugh, Peris brushed warm fingers across her shoulders. Moni shuddered beneath their touch.
     Not afraid…
     Wait a minute. “Who’s controlling me now?”
     Nolan chuckled and reached for her hand. Pulling it to his lips, he planted a moist kiss in the palm. "I only took your fear away. Your thoughts, fantasies, and ideas, which, by the way, I love, are yours. You can leave any time, and you'd be safer than when you walked through the door." A wide grin spread across his face. "Plus, I don't think controlling you would be an easy thing to do and I'm the best there is at doing just that."
    
Are you Thirsty yet?

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

No comments: