Friday, June 3, 2011

It's Friday

*Peeping from under the covers* "Are the monsters all gone?"

May, was a fun month, Memorial Day has come and gone - it's summertime!! *YEAH*

Due to my job, I get to be up in the wee hours of the morning, and I love it. Quiet, dark, the perfect breeding ground for monsters of all sorts. Especially in my mind. *grin* I've been getting some writing done and this past week Zader's Menagerie hit the cyber bookshelves, so if you've been keeping up with the bloody cats, don't miss this entry which introduces a wolf... err... two, actually. July will see the release of Thirsty, a hot little story about a woman with a fantasy, a vampire who wants to help her live it, and the devil's son who knows just how to make her happy. It has all the good things monsters are made of.

What's really on my mind is writing, and the fact that I'm finding time to do it again. Not as much as I was, but I am writing. That's another thing about the quiet, dark nights. No ringing phones, no cars whizzing by, no interruptions whatsoever. Ahh, the joy of it all. *laughing*

And you know what else? I'm finding time to cook!! Yesterday it was homemade meatballs, with a gravy that was out of this world. Chunks of peppers in every color - red, green, yellow, even orange. Extra jalapeno, of course. The vadalia onions were so sweet! On a soft roll, it was to die for. Fast food quickly loses it's appeal when it's all you have time for. I'm catching up with some of my favorite shows via On Demand. Ooh, if you haven't seen The Voice, you must, must see it.  Talk about talent.

Finally, I'm eyeing my bookshelf, which looks amazingly like an oasis in the middle of the desert. And boy, oh boy, am I thirsty.

What should I read?

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

No comments: