Sunday, July 4, 2010

Whatcha reading????

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!

Now that school’s done, my four ½ year old daughter is craving my attention and my 2 ½ year son has decided he doesn’t need to nap anymore. What does this mean? No time to write!! Thankfully, I just finished up my work in progress “Stolen Dreams”. So, for the next two months I plan to take a vacation―probably a much needed vacation.

What the heck do I do now? LOL. It’s been a year and half since I started writing and I’ve never really stopped. Sure, I’ve tried to take little breaks here and there, but it’s never lasted. Now, with the kids around so much I find myself too tired anyway. Is it September yet???

My only answer is to read. I have a bunch of novels to catch up on and a few I want to get into. Right now I’m reading Death in the Family by Charaline Harris. I wasn’t super excited about this one because of all the negative reviews of it. I’m about halfway through and still undecided.

After that, I’m going to read my first sci-fi. Midnight’s Ghost by Sara Brookes. I’m walking into this novel blind since I have no idea what sci-fi books are even like. So, I’m looking forward it. I like being surprised by new stuff!

Beyond those two, I plan on reading Dakota Cassidy’s Accidental series, some Katie MacAlister novels and the next release in the Night Huntress world by Jeanine Frost. But then what? So, let’s hear it. What you’re reading, what’s good and what I’m missing?

10 comments:

Vivi Dumas said...

Hi Stacy! I'm finishing up J.R. Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I need to get the last book as I just finished Lover Avenged. I'm also waiting for Jeaniene Frost's next book in Night Huntress World. I have Stephanie Meyer's novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner sitting on my night stand. My editing and writing has slowed my reading down a bit.

Vivi

Sara Brookes said...

Aw, I hope you enjoy MG. There's a bit of a paranormal aspect to it (with her abilities), so you won't be completely blind. ;)

Right now, I'm reading Silver Borne, which I know you've already read. Don't know what's next as it depends on when I finish it. Tied up with edits on a few novels right now and that impacts the reading.

Annie Nicholas said...

I'm on break too but not voluntary! I'm itching to write and even ried left handed. LOL I'm inhaling GA Aiken's dragon series, which I plan to review tomorrow, and getting a sneak peek of DL Jackson's WIP. :)

Sandra Sookoo said...

I'm reading the first book in Karen Monings Immortal Highlander series. (paperback) and on my e-reader I'm reading a sci-fi book called The Commander's Slave (can't remember the author's name)

D L Jackson said...

Finished up all of Scalzi's novels and I love them. Finished Catching Fire, which follows The Hunger Games (most excellent YA). I'm in between Butcher and Moning releases. I usually pre-order and have them read the day I get them.(Okay, hurry up with that last novel with Jericho Barons, Karen...)
Read Linnea Sinclair's Rebels and Lovers,
http://www.linneasinclair.com and I adore her Beta hero with glasses.
So, while I wait for my favorite authors to release more, I'm reading something technical,Fire in Fiction by Donald Maass is the current read.. Plus, I'm plugging away at a novel with a November release and August deadline, Blown Away.

Rebecca Royce said...

I'm actually getting ready to read Annie Nicholas' The Alpha story.

Stacey Kennedy said...

Thanks Ladies, I'll be sure to check some of these out :)

Vivi Dumas said...

@Rebecca - That one did sound good when I read the excerpt. Got to put that on my list.

J Hali Steele said...

I'm starting The Cat, 5th in the Jean Johnson Sons of Destiny series. I've enjoyed everyone and that surprised me because I don't usually read about mages.

Anonymous said...

I just read an historical by Cheryl Holt that I was highly disappointed with. Her hero was terrible, even though he did get redeemed in the end...just took him a long time to get there. I wanted to strangle him most of the time...hehe!!!

Now I'm reading another historical, I just started it and am liking it very much. I've also got way too many books to read....