Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Friday...

And goodness it came awfully fast this week. You know, being back in class is much more difficult than I thought it would be. The biggest problem I'm having, aside from learning medical terms (the pits!), is juggling my time. What seems to have suffered most is the housekeeping. Don't get me wrong--I've never been great at it (hairballs have always played a big part in my life) but lately it's really just a mess.

Another thing I miss is my time to surf YouTube. I do that the way some people surf the internet. They have the funny videos, there are movie and book trailers...everything! I listen to tracks of music to see if I can find anything to pique my eclectic interest. Though I have an iPhone, there's no music on it--not a single song. I'm still stuck on CDs and the last one I bought not long ago was by Enigma. It's old, but somehow I'd missed it until I stumbled across a tune on YouTube.

One of the latest discoveries I made there after listening to an old song by Otis Redding, was a cover of it by a person who blew me away with his rendition. So without further ado, I'm going to share the song with you via 3 video clips from YouTube. I always find something that strikes me in each rendition.

The song I'm speaking of is Try a Little Tenderness. Enjoy!

This is the version by Otis Redding.


Then there's the one by Three Dog Night, great for so many reasons. Not to mention this is one of my all time favorite groups. And this even has the psychedelic thing happening, lol.


Last but not least is one I only discovered recently from the movie Duets featuring Paul Giamatti. Now, this was one of those movies I caught a long time ago on cable and I'm still wondering how I missed this part. I would have never thought Giamatti could have pulled this off but damn if he didn't do an awesome job.


Until next Friday: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

2 comments:

J Hali Steele said...

For Duets, that's Andre Braugher in the video (and movie) but Arnold McCuller actually did the singing.

Annie Nicholas said...

Welcome to my juggling world, J. LOL I've never even heard of this song. *blush* I like it though.