Monday, March 8, 2010

The Monday 56

Technically this game has been called the 'Friday 56' but since I post on Mondays I'm bending the rules.

Rules:


* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.

* Turn to page 56.

* Find the fifth sentence.

* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.

*Post a link along with your post back to this blog. As I'm going to post a link to Renee's blog since this is where I got the idea.

* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.



HAPPY FRIDAY  MONDAY!

The closest book I have at hand is DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: DOG DAYS by Jeff Kinney. What can I say I have boys. At least he's reading, right? Unfortunately, he can't return the book on his self and left it by my computer.


pg. 56

"Then I called Mrs. Canfield and did my best imitation of Gramma.  I guess I'm lucky my voice hasn't changed yet.  Believe it or not, Mrs. Canfield bought it."

3 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Naked Dragon by Annette Blair

"You called her a snack when you first saw her. I find that worrying."

Stephanie Burkhart said...

My son loves "Wimpy Kid!"

Let's see the CLOSEST book is the Bible. Pg 56...I'm the book of Genesis - 5th sentence: "Then he gave them this charge: "Since I am about to be taken to my kindred, bury me with my fathers in the cave that lies in the field of Ephron the Hittie."

J Hali Steele said...

From Jean Johnson's The Song (The Son's of Destiny novels)

If it was important enough to be passed along, of course.
Thus, despite the speed at which verbal information could travel with the advent of modern magical communications such as scrying mirrors and mirror-Gates, it took literally months for the dutifully filed paper accounts of what the exiled Corvis brothers had bought from the trader-captains to collate and trickle their way up to the desk of one Lord Consus of Kairides, Councilor of Sea Commerce.
This was, to some extent, a fortuitous event.

SHEEZ! I'm not to that page yet and I can hardly wait to see what the heck that is all about--what a sentence that was!! lol

Cool, Annie!