Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stop the World! I want to get off!

Or. In our current generation's lingo. Stop this Train, I want to get off and go home again.

Do you ever feel like so much is coming at you? In this 20 second consumer culture, sometimes I just want to go to an island with my books. Sit on the beach shore and read. No thinking about all the things I have to do. Or how much time I have to read before the next thing on my list pops up. Just let each day go by. Man, wouldn't that be nice.

So I'm going to attempt to do it for the next few days. I'm not sure if I can put a vacation response since I have so many subscriptions on my main email (grr. Does anyone know a way around this? lol) but I will be a bit slow to response.

Anywho, please forgive my lack of posting because my brain just quit on me. Ack. I will say that by the next time I come back, I will have taken my required amount needed to start and finish the latest Outlander book.

Yes, readers. Next Tuesday is the latest (and I think second to last??) installment in the Outlander series Echo in the Bone. Finally!! I got hooked on this series not too long ago and believe me I would have thrown the second book if I had to wait 3 years to find out how it continued after that cliffhanger. Of course, I would have grabbed it and dusted it off and promptly apologize but that's just torture right there. I don't know how Echo finishes off but I hear word that you have to read it from beginning to end. No peekies now!

There's going to be a lot revealed as well from what I hear but I have kept clear of any spoilers!

So, mark your calendars and count the days.

Woo hoo Jamie is back. Yum yum. And I hear we finally return to Scotland. Can't wait!






If you haven't checked out this series, do so now!

So if you don't hear from me a little after Tuesday, I'm still around (kinda) and I'll respond eventually. ;-)

5 comments:

J Hali Steele said...

Rae, enjoy your break - and darn it - just hit delete...LOL, they'll get the message.

Melissa said...

Hey Rae,

I understand completely! Let me know where this island is you're going to and reserve a spot for me when you get done, ok? Oh, and the next Outlander book looks AWESOME! Let me know what you think. (I still have yet to START the series! lol)

LM Spangler said...

Enjoy your time away, Rae. Sometimes the brain just needs to step away from writing and take a breather.

Now I have another series to throw into the TBR pile that is sooo huge right now that it might topple over at any moment.

Enjoy your little vacation!

Liena~

Sandra Sookoo said...

Enjoy the you time. Been there. Gonna need to do that again soon :-)

Rae Lori said...

LOL Joann. Oh, how tempting that is! lol

Melissa, sounds like a plan! I need to go hire a travel agent or something. Or maybe I'll just do one of those cartoon napsacks with a stick through it and be on my way! I can't wait to read Echo. The world will slip away that week lol. Hope you enjoy it when you start it!

Thanks Liena! Hear hear indeed. I think I suffered brain overload because I kept looking at the pen and the paper like they were foreign objects! I hear ya about the pile LOL. I think you'll enjoy Outlander though! Especially Jamie Fraser. Swooon!

Thanks Sandi! Yes, indeedy. It should be a necessity every few weeks or so! lol