Friday, September 18, 2009

Dancing into the night...

with Patrick Swayze. I just took a deep sigh. Of course I loved Columbia's Dirty Dancing and I still watch it now and then when it comes on. Do you remember "Nobody puts Baby in a corner?"
When I first saw this movie, I wanted to dance with him.


I follow Dancing With The Stars because of the fantastic ballroom dancing and the fabulous real dancers. Patrick appeared the first year and helped John O'Hurley learn a few steps. He was there to cheer him on in the finals. It's been said the show will pay tribute to Patrick Swayze, who died on Monday at the age of 57. The ABC reality program plans to honor the Dirty Dancing star during its first live ninth-season results show on September 23rd - so now I definitely know where I'll be that night.

Things I didn't know about him:

- He trained at the Harkness Ballet and Joffrey ballet schools.
- Didn't know until now that he was the son of a dance teacher.

~~~~~~~~~~

Who doesn't remember this scene from Paramount Picture's Ghost. The music, the sensuality - the beauty of it. After watching this, I wanted to go out and find a pottery class. I was going to make something! Never did, but I wanted to.

~~~~~~~~~~
Then there's my all-time favorite: Roadhouse. If I see it in a channel lineup, I'm there. Something about this movie from United Artists just gets me every time. He's the ultimate alpha male in this story. He handles the bad guys and gets the girl. Who could ask for more - it's the 'feel good movie of a lifetime for me. No matter how down I am, I watch this movie and I'm up.

~~~~~~~~~~

I've just recently signed a contract with Ellora's Cave for my story, Rhythm of Love, for their Dance of Desire theme for February 2010, where my hero and heroine are amateur ballroom dancers. The first book in my Angels in Love series, Hope in Love, the hero and heroine share a sensuous dance. Seem to be a theme with me? Yes. I've always admired dancers, wished I could have been one. I didn't follow that dream - so I settle for writing about them.

~~~~~~~~~~

Patrick Swayze followed his dream, and in my humble opinion, he did it well. He'll be missed. He is truly "Dancing Among The Stars."

~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~
If you've ever wanted to do something really bad in your life - do it now. We are only here for a short time. Don't waste it on I wish I had, or I should or might - DO IT!
~~~~~~~~~~

Until you do: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-J. Hali Steele
Photos: Reuters, United Artists, Columbia Pictures, Paramount Pictures

5 comments:

LM Spangler said...

You've paid a beautiful tribute to Patrick, J. Excellent post!

I cried so hard at the end of Ghost when they share their final kiss before he crossed over. I have to say, that was one of the most moving movie scenes I've seen to date.

Liena~

J Hali Steele said...

Thanks, Liena - I love that movie so much. He will be missed.

Rebecca Royce said...

Beautiful job J. You do such a good job touching on important issues and recognizing them on the blog. Bravo.

Rae Lori said...

What an awesome tribute post. It's so sad to realize he's no longer with us. He had such a great presence.

J Hali Steele said...

Thanks, Rebecca. He was one of the good guys.

Rae, he did didn't he. Watched Beast reruns and thought how brave he was to do that series knowing it'd be his last. And damn, he was good in it.